Taking it to the Streets- Festivals, Hot Rods, and Events
Downtowns across the region are “taking it to the streets” with street festivals and events. From the shadows of the Smokies to the 9 Lakes’ communities, you will find something happening nearby.
We are sharing some of the hottest events from around the region to help you plan your next East Tennessee- 9 Lakes adventure. June marks the end of festival season until the late summer bounty of fairs and fall festivals begin.
Best of all, many of these events are FREE.
- Jun 9-10: Popcorn Sutton Memorial Jam– Newport- music, craft whiskey tastings, crafts
- Jun 9-10: 17th Annual Mountain Heritage Literacy Festival– Harrogate- book signings and workshops .
- Jun 10: Free Fishing Day in Tennessee- anyone (resident or non-resident) of any age can fish for free in Tennessee’s public waters without a license. Those 15 years old and younger can fish free for the entire week June 10-16.
- Jun 15-17: 32nd annual Great Smoky Mountain Trail Ride– Oliver Springs- 300 of miles of trail, prizes, live music.
- Jun 15: Rhythm on the River– Newport- Live music and vendors. Free.
- Jun 16-17: 39th Annual Moonshine Rod Run– Over 500 Collector, Classic and Muscle cars and trucks.
- Jun 17: Annual Lavender Festival– Oak Ridge- A sensory event of herbs, health, and cooking demonstrations. A top event in the region! free admission.
- Jun 17: Dandridge June Jubilee– Dandridge- Street festival with arts, vendors, activities and music. Free
- Jun 22-25: US Cycling Pro-Road Nationals– Knoxville and Oak Ridge- Come see some of the best riders in the country or volunteers are needed on the course. Free for spectators.
- Jun 23-24: Smoky Mountain Quilters Annual Show and Competition– Knoxville- Quilt displays, judging, and demonstrations. Children under 12 yr- free.
- Jun 23-24: Oakes Daylily Bloom Festival– Corryton- Over 63 varieties of daylilies. Every guest receives a free plant.
- Jun 24: Hops in the Hills– Maryville- Craft beer, music, and food.
- Jun 27: Jul 23- Sunflower Festival-Kingston- acres of blooming sunflowers. Children under 2 yrs- free.
- Jun 29: Rhythm on the River– Newport- Live music and vendors. Free.
- Jun 30-Jul 1: Sunflower Fest– Philadelphia- Hayrides, photo ops, and activities.-
- Jul 1: Tour De Rocky Top– Knoxville- cycling event with rides ranging from 31 to 100 miles.
- Jul 1 Rockin the Docks– Lenoir City- annual event of music, picnics, and fireworks along the Tennessee River. Free.