9 Days of Holiday Season Activities
The 9 Lakes of East Tennessee provides an abundance of holiday activities in the winter season for outdoor enthusiasts and family fun experiences. With temperatures that can fluctuate between frosty mornings and warming days, the outdoors will beckon you to enjoy all that region offers:
- December 18- Stroll Main Street and shop local. Explore antiques, artisan crafts, and “one of a kind” treasures that are found in small shops and galleries. The Appalachian Arts and Crafts Center sells local artist pottery, textiles, or sign up for a class.
- December 19- Join in on the world’s only community-wide Elf on the Shelf scavenger hunt! Children of all ages will enjoy this fun-filled adventure at more than two dozen downtown locations. Pick up your pass at any of the participating locations then big your magical journey for fun, treats, and additional surprises along the way.
- December 20-Tee up if the weather permits. The 9 Lakes is home to many golf and disc golf courses that you can play year round. Disc golf is a family, fun outdoor activity and available across the region.
- December 21- Relax and Share time with friends and family. Indulge in coffee and books At Our Place, the “most unique store in the Smokies.” Discover the unhurried charms of downtown Cosby.
- December 22- December 22- Feast on Local fare and sip local wineries at the Blue Winter Magnolia event at Spout Springs Estate Winery and Vineyard, a family-owned business in Nine Lakes Wine Country.
- December 23- Indulge in outdoor family activities at the lake. Hike miles of trails along East Lakeshore Trail at Tellico Lake. This is the perfect time of year to see migrating birds that flock to the region in the winter. Bring binoculars as eagles can be observed fishing the waters or watch for wildlife- deer, fox, turkey- along the wooded shorelines.
- December 24- Listen to the sounds of the holidays see the holiday light displays in Sevier County. There is nothing more magical and festive for making memories with families.
- December 25- Gather with family and friends to share the day. Reflect on the beauty of the Season and Region by hiking in one of the seven state parks or one of the four National Parks that are located in the region.