July and August East Tennessee Events
Summer events are a must when you visit the 9 Lakes Region. Play, hike, bike, paddle, splash and swim during the day and then head to an event for the evening when the heat of the day is done.
Along with live weekend music and fun times at your favorite marinas, the July and August event schedule is hot, hot, hot in East Tennessee.
Get out and play in the 9 Lakes. Here are some of our favorite events and festivals happening in the region- Bring a chair, bring a blanket, and enjoy.
- July 10-16: Gatlinburg Craftmen’s Summer Craft Fair II – Gatlinburg- Appalachian arts.
- July 13: Rhythm on the River– Newport- Summer series continues with the Whiskey Outlaw Band
- July 14- Cosby Homecoming at Cosby Campground- GMSP- Learn about life before the Park was built in this mountain hamlet. Free.
- July 15: Tri-State Outdoors Fest – Cumberland Gap- hike, bike, paddle
- July 15: Hippie Day at Sunflower Fest– Loudon- Celebrate flower power.
- July 21-22 – Greenbrier Mountain Festival – Pittman Center- music, crafts, family fun.
- July 21-22: 3oth annual Grainger County Tomato Festival – Rutledge- Celebrating the famous, yummy tomato- music, crafts, and the infamous tomato wars.
- July 28: Kuumba Festival – Knoxville- Drum, Dance, crafts and food vendors.
- July 28- Rhythm on the River – Newport Summer Series continues with Grits- Dumplin Valley
- July 28: Sip of Summerfest– Clinton – Live music, food and craft brewfest.
- Aug 4: Concert on the Green and Night Farmers Market– Morristown- live music, craft beer, and gathering of the local farm products.
- Aug 12: Summer Sessions- Oak Ridge- summer music series last show of the season.
- Aug 13: Homecoming at Christy Mission– Del Rio- Revisit the story of Christy and Cutter Gap gospel singing and fellowship.
- Aug 19: Loudon River Fest- Loudon- Fireworks at dark,
- Aug 19: Great Smoky Mountains Hot Air Balloon Festival – Townsend- annual summer event with music, tethered balloon rides, and balloon glow.
- Aug 26: 10th annual Asian Festival- Knoxville- Music, authentic Asian foods, and dance.
- Aug 31-Sep 4: Toyota Roundup at Windrock– Oliver Springs- If you have the truck, we have the trails. Largest gathering on the East Coast
- Aug 31: Music on the Town– Dandridge- Music series and runs through Oct 12.