Festivals and Events in September
September is the best month of festivals and events to experience the 9 Lakes Region of East Tennessee
The diverse range of cultures and heritage that shaped the region are celebrated through food, music, and outdoor adventures.
Step out of the ordinary to experience something new.
- Sep 1- UT Football Season Opens– Neyland Stadium in Knoxville
- Sep 1-5- Appalachian Toyota Round Up at Windrock Park
- Sep 3- – Cardboard Boat Race– Bubba Brews- Maynardville- Calling all pirates and engineers
- Sep 3- Rugby Rumble at the RM Brooks Store- Rugby- classic and antique cars.
- Sep 3- Thunder in Park Maynardville- fireworks
- Sep 4- Big Kahuna Wing Festival– Worlds Fair Park- Knoxville- regional competition and lots of wings
- Sep 9-18- TN Valley Fair at Chilhowee Park- one of the oldest running fairs in Tennessee
- Sep 10-11- Great Smoky Mountain Air Show– Tyson McGhee Airport
- Sep 17- The 30th anniversary of Haunting in the Hills– Big South Fork NRRA- a ghostly campfire event.
- Sep 17- White Lightening Trail Festival– Cumberland Gap.
- Sep 24- Louie Bluie Festival– Caryville- Cove Lake State Park
- Sep 24- Scots Irish Festival– Jefferson City
- Sep 23-24- Townsend Fall Festival– Townsend
- Oct 1-2- The 36th annual Newport Harvest Street Festival– Newport
- Oct 7- Blues Between the Lakes– Mossy Creek Heritage Site in Jefferson City