Don’t Sunset Summer 2023-Late Summer and Early Fall Events
With five weeks of summer left on the calendar, we are not ready to give up on summer 2023. Hot days and cool evenings lend to ideal weather for playing on the lakes and enjoying the remaining days of summer sunshine and activities.
The white water rafting season is still running trips, but sunsets on Labor Day weekend.
The marinas have slowed down, so you can find a great rate for renting a pontoon, jet ski or ski boat.
Seasonal restaurants are also winding down, but the music and food have not. Visit before the season’s last call.
Don’t sunset the season. Get out and play in the 9 Lakes. Here are some of our favorite events and festivals happening in the region- Bring a chair, bring a blanket, and enjoy.
- Aug 25-26: Pro Wakeboard Tour– Lenoir City- Competition of the best wakeboarders.
- Aug 26: 10th annual Asian Festival- Knoxville- Music, authentic Asian foods, and dance.
- Aug 31-Sep 4: Toyota Roundup at Windrock– Oliver Springs- If you have the truck, we have the trails. Largest gathering on the East Coast
- Aug 31: Music on the Town– Dandridge- Concert music series and runs through Oct 12.
- Sep 1: Concert on the Green and Night Market– Morristown- Music, food, craft beer, and shopping.
- Sep 2: Rugby Rumble– Rugby-Annual motorcycle gathering at RM Brooks store for live music and food.
- Sep 2-3: Monroe Life Balloon Festival– Vonore- 2 day festivals of hot air balloons and music.
- Sep 3: Big Kahuna Wing Festival- Knoxville- 10th year of wings, beer, and live music
- Sep 4: Hooray for Harriman– Harriman- Annual street festival in historic downtown.
- Sep 14-16: Dumplin Valley Bluegrass Festival– Kodak- 23rd annual event with live music, picking and jamming, food trucks.
- Sep 16: White Lightning Festival– Cumberland Gap- Car show, live music, arts and crafts, and free admission.
- Sep 16: Bellamy Brothers at Union County Opry– Maynardville- Live performance.
- Sep 16: Arts in the Park– Morristown- Annual art show, sales, demonstration, and food vendors. Moving to downtown this year.
- Sep 16: Haunting in the Hills Storytelling Festival– Oneida- Gather to spin a yarn, stroll, shop, and food.
- Sep 23: Throwdown-N Motown Jeep Festival– Morristown- In its 4th year, show-n-shine awards, food, and Jeep fun.
- Sep 29-30: Townsend Fall Heritage Festival– Townsend- Two days of live music, demonstrations, and traditional foods.
- Sep 30: Louie Bluie Festival– Caryville- Annual Music and arts festival named after talented legend- Howard “Louie Bluie” Armstrong.
- Sep 30: Rugby Roundabout– Rugby- Cycling event with several routes, children’s event, live music, and food. The fall colors should be peeping through.
- Oct 6-7: Hazzard Fest– Newport- Live entertainment, celebrity guests meet and greet, and food vendors.