Autumn Fun in the 9 Lakes Region
The wave of autumn colors is the backdrop for lots of fun autumn activities.
If you are yearning to be on the water, the lakes and days are still warm enough to go paddling or for a fall foliage cruise. Some of the prettiest paddle routes are along the Powell River Blueway on Norris Lake or the Tellico Blueway in the foothills of the Cherokee National Forest.
Cyclists can enjoy the foliage and lake views at Loyston Point or plan a ride from the Town of Cumberland Gap towards White Rocks and Ewing, VA for a beautiful valley ride through farming communities bordered by the colorful Cumberland Ridge.
Get lost in a corn maze or find your “great pumpkin” at one of the harvest festival, farmer’s markets or
Plan your leaf peeping trip to include a stop at one of the many East Tennessee fall events and festivals. Here is a calendar for East Tennessee events across the 9 Lakes Region:
- Now- Oct 30- Dollywood Harvest Festival – Annual tribute to the harvest season with pumpkins, fall food, and shows.
- Now- Oct 22 weekends: 8th Annual Medieval Faire– Harriman- Each weekend, the Faire will open for you to experience the age of chivalry with music, jousting, and good fun.
- Oct 19-21: Windrock Park Fall Jamboree– Oliver Springs- ATV fun with rock climb, haunted trail ride, mud bog, bonfire. Onsite camping is available.
- Oct 19-22: Steamin the Gap- 3rd annual gathering of AirStream owners.
- Oct 20-22: 44th annual Greek Festival- Knoxville- Yummy food, traditional dance and music.
- Oct 20-21: Wears Valley Fall Fest- Sevierville- Vendors and live music with the backdrop of the Smokies
- Oct 21: 26th Annual Harvest Festival- Bean Station- Enjoy live music, crafts, and the heritage of this farming community.
- Oct 21: October Sky Festival- Oliver Springs- Car show, food, and crafts.
- Oct 21-22: Grassy Fork Festival- Hartford- Fall is in the air with hay rides, crafts, kids’ activities. Free admission.
- Oct 26, Nov 2 and 3: Fall Heritage Days at the Museum of Appalachia- Norris-
- Oct 28- Cherohala Skyway Festival– Tellico Plains- Live bluegrass music, hayrides, leaf peeping, food, and children events.
- Oct 28: Mountain Makins– Morristown- Appalachian heritage with demonstrations, food, artisan booths, and live music.
- Oct 28-29: Lakeside of the Smokies Balloon Festival- Dandridge- Hot air balloons, vendors, and music.
- Nov 4: Townsend Grits and Grains Festival- warm spirits and live music.
- Nov 11: Gatlinburg Chili Cook-off- Gatlinburg- Sanctioned event for chili lovers.
Wherever your path takes you, enjoy these golden days of autumn.