Swaggerty Fort2370-2442 Old Parrottsville Hwy, Parrottsville, TN 37843
This fort is the only frontier blockhouse remaining on its original site in Tennessee. Built by James Swaggerty in 1787, it served as both shelter for travelers and protection from Native Americans. Located on land of his Uncle Abraham Swaggerty, it consists of three levels. The cantilevered structure was built over a stream which provided a water supply.