Blount Mansion200 W. Hill Ave, Knoxville, Tennessee 37902
About Blount Mansion
"The first frame house built west of the Appalachian Mountains in 1792, this was the home of territorial Governor and signer of the U.S. Constitution, William Blount. It served, for a period, as the administrative capital of the Southwestern Territory, and was also the first building in the area with windows, causing the Cherokee to call it ""the house with many eyes."" Blount died here in 1800, but the house had another significant tenant: Confederate spy Belle Boyd, who used it as her refuge in 1863. "
Region: Fort Loudoun
200 W. Hill Ave, Knoxville, Tennessee 37902