Merry and Bright – 12 Jolly Ideas to Light Up Your Holidays
The holiday season is a time to be shared with friends, family, and loved ones. There are so many sights and sounds to experience in the region. Small towns or the larger cities are made for mingling with neighbors and finding your inner child. While is doesn’t often snow at this time of year, there can be a nip to the air. So bring out the your favorite holiday sweaters and scarfs.
We have picked twelve jolly ideas from around the 9 lakes Region to light up your holidays.
The colorful lights, seasonal music, and joyful activities scheduled across the region are sure to make your holidays merry and bright.
- Now through Jan 31: Lights over Gatlinburg– downtown Gatlinburg
- Nov 25- Jan 2: Holiday on Ice– Knoxville TN- A winter tradition of skating, holiday lights and music in the popular Market Square.
- Now through Dec 23- Christmas Lantern Express on the Three Rivers Rambler Train ride.
- Now through Dec 31- Light the Park– Farragut – Seasonal display of holiday lights.
- Now through Jan 1- Holiday Festival of Lights– The Cove at Concord Park – hiking loop decorated with holiday lights.
- Dec 3, 10, and 17- Winter Farmer’s Market in Market Square
- Dec 17: Irish Road Bowling– Rugby, TN- Join in the fun with road bowling and visiting this living historic Victorian village
- Dec 9: Babahatchie Annual Christmas Concert– Harriman, TN- Traditional music in the Historic Princess Theater
- Dec 10: Norris Winter Festival– Norris TN- Small town Christmas
- Dec 16: Christmas in the Park: Norris TN at the Lenoir Museum
- Dec 31- New Year’s Eve and Fireworks Show– downtown Gatlinburg
- Dec 31- New Year’s Eve at the Sunsphere– downtown Knoxville- Live music, ball drop at midnight.