Dogwood Spring: Four Weeks of Festivals in the 9 Lakes Region
When the dogwoods are blooming, the festival season has begun in the 9 Lakes of East TN.
Each year, we look forward to spring festival season for the variety of events that are offered in the region. Some of these events support art and cultural events. Some celebrate the roots of the reason. Many are free.
So, here are four weeks of spring festivals that you won’t want to miss.
- Apr 13: Lady Jeepers at Windrock Park- Oliver Springs-A lady’s only event to build skills in driving- An educational Adventure!
- Apr 13: Taste of Morristown– Morristown-Support a great cause.
- Apr 20-22: Spring Shindig at Windrock- Oliver Springs- Music and mud.. The concert season is open.
- Apr 21, May 5: Sheep Shearing Day- Museum of Appalachia- Clinton, TN- Step back into time when spring shearing was a rite of spring.
- Apr 21: Smoky Mountain Fiber Townsend- Experienced fiber artists will share their knowledge and demonstrate techniques.
- Apr 22: 3nd Annual NATS Poker Run Cyclists can choose between a short fun ride or a highly skilled adventure on trails that were walked by workers who built Norris Dam in 1936.
- April 22- Tanner Store Century Celebration– 2-5 pm Wartburg- Join in as Tanner Store celebrates its 100 year history in Wartburg.
- April 22- Knoxville Opera’s International Street Fair– Free street fair with an international flavor of music, dance, and street food.
- Apr 28-30: Dogwood Arts Festival– Worlds Fair Park Knoxville
- May 5-6: Blooms, Bluegrass, and BBQ– Sweetwater- Smoky BBQ fun.
- May 5: Clinch River Spring Antique Fair– Clinton- Shop one of the best antique destination in the Southeast.
- May 5-7: Annual Street Rod Nationals South- Chilhowee Park, Knoxville- Over 1,500 classic and custom cars from all over the country. Model cars, swap meet.
- May 6: Tellico Trout Festival– Tellico Plains- All things fly-fishing, children’s play area in one of the prettiest trout fishing locations.
Hike, bike, or drive… Spring is here.